The following tips and information have been created to ease your experience at The Hukilau™. If you should have questions over the weekend please visit the vending booth of The Hukilau Official Merchandise or the Registration Booth. You can always ask a fellow Villager of The Hukilau, you’ll find many friends all around you.
- Registration: Make this your first stop upon arriving to the event. Registration times will be posted on the website before the event starts.
- Wristbands: Wear them always! No replacements without a fee – sorry! This is how we know you are an attendee and this will be your clearance into events.
- Florida Weather: Be prepared for unexpected rain showers and extreme heat and sun. Bring Sunscreen and drinks Lots of Water.
- Bring your ATM card and cash. Not everyone will take credit cards and cash is good for tipping.
- You cannot bring a container or drink into the Commodore Ballroom – we are working with the hotel on some pretty amazing cocktails though, drinks tickets will be sold inside the Ballroom all evening.
- Bring an empty bag, especially if flying into Florida, to have room for all the items you may purchase.
- Mai-Kai cocktails: Pace yourself! Drink lots of water, while you drink!
- Remember to eat, with our busy schedule of events you may forget. Don’t be caught hungover, be sure and grab a bite to steady the Rum!
The Hukilau™ Host Hotel
To Be Announced. Check back soon, or subscribe to our newsletter for updates!
- Add the address to your GPS:
3599 N. Federal Hwy, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Taking a cab is easy to do – get the number of the company who takes you there from the hotel so you can call them when you are ready to come back (if not driving) – the Mai-Kai can also call you a taxi.
- The Mai-Kai has a large parking lot with free valet (though tipping is encouraged) and self parking for a small fee.
- The Mai-Kai has washroom attendants. Be prepared to support this bit of throwback-luxury by having a dollar or two on you when you visit the restroom, for tips.
- For first time Mai-Kai visitors – check out the Mai Kai Cocktail Guide on The Atomic Grog for information about the cocktail menu. The Happy hours can be very busy – so please be patient with the staff and other patrons, especially during The Hukilau. If you have allergies or a low alcohol tolerance – this is a helpful read! The staff is very helpful so if you have questions – ask!
Most importantly – BY ALL MEANS PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY! Pace Yourself! Not just one evening, but through the entire weekend.
- If you‚ are not a regular to drinks like the Jet Pilot or the Zombie, they can sneak up on you when you least expect it and interrupt your entire experience‚ do not take that statement lightly, it is true. No matter what dinner show you are attending on Saturday night each one will include Happy Hour. The Mai-Kai Happy Hour now features all drinks and appetizers at 1/2 Off (some restrictions apply) so trying a couple is now as easy as ordering. Another idea to PACE YOURSELF is order from the Medium Page of the Drink Menu and the other order from the Strong Page‚ and order Appetizers!! Fill that tummy! Remember to eat!
- We have seen too many people so hung over on day two that they had a horrible time and missed out on so much. A huge help in pacing is a full stomach. You will be surrounded by good food all weekend, the Bahia Mar 2 restaurants to choose from, there are many local haunts in the area and of course the Mai-Kai has world winning cuisine. The Bahia Mar will gladly prepare these meals TO GO! Not a bad idea to bring some snacks for your hotel room – granola bars can go a long way.
Greater Fort Lauderdale offers iPhone users an app that is as sunny as the weather. Download this free official iVisitLauderdale application, brought to you by the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau, for an enhanced visitor experience. Find up-to-date insider information and the latest GPS mapping technology for hundreds of restaurants, hotels, spas, shops, watersports, attractions and much more. Visit www.sunny.org/iphone to download the app.