Get ready for an Exotic Voyage you’ll never forget…Book Passage Now!
It’s time to plan your voyage to The Hukilau™ 2013 – the most authentic Tiki experience you’ll find in the world! The Hukilau™ is a 4-day Tiki festival held in America’s Vacationland – Fort Lauderdale, Florida, honoring the historic Mai-Kai Restaurant: a well-preserved icon of mid-century splendor. The event draws up to 1,200 people each year from all over the globe. The Hukilau™ is proud to celebrate our 12th Anniversary in 2013.
This year we return to the amazing Yankee Clipper Hotel (now known as the Sheraton Beach Hotel), circa 1956!
Things to look forward to…
- First US appearance by ÌXTAHUELE – an Exotica band from Sweden!
- An All-New Symposium by Jeff “Beachbum” Berry: The Wild West Indies
- The full premiere of “Plastic Paradise“, a documentary filmed at The Hukilau™ and various other locations by Common Machine
- Tales of the Yankee Clipper by TikiTomD – a Symposium that takes us on a journey through the history of the Yankee Clipper and her place in Polynesian Pop History!
- Bon Voyage: Sailing the South Seas Art Show – a benefit art show featuring some of Tiki’s top artists, curated by Tiki Kiliki
- And of course an incredible night at the historic Tiki mecca Mai-Kai Restaurant circa 1956
- and much much more!
Discover our other incredible performers, presenters and guests by browsing through our website, and we certainly hope to see you aboard in June! Click here to view our full entertainment lineup.
The Hukilau™ 2013 is dedicated to the life of Wayne Coombs, historic Tiki carver of Cocoa Beach Florida, who passed away September 4, 2012.